8.17.2010

On To International Patisserie

I know, it's been a while since I've updated the blog.  Sadly, our time with Chef Lora came to an end.  She was an incredible chef instructor and I am so glad to have learned under her tutelage.  My final practical ended with her kind works of encouragement.

"You have great potential!  Your work has been impeccable and I appreciate your attention to detail..."

It meant a lot coming from the master of breads!  For the past two days, I've been in Chef Mushet's International Patisserie course.  Currently we are adjusting to the change of environment and Chef Mushet's expectations.  She is the author of four cookbooks written for William Sonoma and Sur la Table and I find her quite thorough in her explanations during demo.  I feel that we will learn a lot from Chef Mushet.  We've already made crepes and chocolate soufflé.  Soufflé has to be served immediately because it shrinks within a mere two to three minutes.  Needless to say, my soufflé was rather sad looking by the time I got home.  Perhaps I'll make them one more time at home so I can snap a shot of them.

During the brief interim between the end and beginning of class, I decided to explore more of the L.A. area.  I went to Griffith Observatory in Griffith Park--home to the most exquisite view of the city and really quite an interesting museum of sorts.  I went with Yolanda and her kids, one of which is highly obsessed with space and is certain that he will "be an astronaut."  I also spent a lot of time working out the plans for my future career.  I'm remaining a little hushed up at this point, but I'm getting excited as plans and inspiration are starting to evolve and become more of a reality.  More to come on that note.

I hope I'll be able to bring home some desserts that I can photograph in the coming days.  Until then, I'll post some of my most recent photos including some from my L.A. excursions.

 Chef Lora's Class

A Chef Lora and Chef Guillard Sandwich

Griffith Observatory

The Hollywood Sign

The Classic "Jump Shot" 
(Note how high I am compared to my little nephew)

"Uh-kah-chahn" = "Uncle Jon"

The moon was BEAUTIFUL that evening

The City
(Notice all the planes)




No comments:

Post a Comment